Links to broadcast quality audio files and transcripts, Dr. Carol Stoker, NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Calif. interviewed about the Mars Analog Research and Technology Experiment (MARTE) which is to take place near the Rio Tinto (Tinto River) in Spain. This interview was recorded 3-25-03.
Related News Release
The questions below are linked to broadcast quality as well as on-line audio files.
- Question One: 1. What is the Mars Analog Research and Technology Experiment (MARTE) expedition you are leading to Rio Tinto in Spain? (47 SECONDS)
- Question Two: What is an extremophile? (22 SECONDS)
- Question Three: What is the significance of the deep, red color of the Rio Tinto river in Spain? (1:43 MINUTES)
- Question Four: What is the pH of the Rio Tinto river in Spain? (1:15 MINUTES)
- Question Five: What equipment will the team be using during the MARTE experiment? (2:37 MINUTES)
- Question Six: When might a Mars drilling mission take place? (1:12MINUTES)
- Question Seven: Are you conducting an experiment in the Rio Tinto region of Spain partly because iron and minerals in the area may resemble similar deposits on Mars? (2:27MINUTES)