Kepler-16b News Conference Digital Press Kit
Thank you for your interest in the Kepler-16b news conference on Sept. 15, 2011, at NASA's Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Calif. The NASA Public Affairs contact for this event is Michele Johnson
. If you’d like to interview any of the speakers, please email her or find her at the media registration area.
Please wear your media badge at all times to indicate that you are active media. We’d appreciate it if you’d return the badge before you leave.
- Sept. 13, 2011 MEDIA ADVISORY: NASA to Announce Kepler Discovery at Media Briefing
- Sept. 15, 2011 NEWS RELEASE: NASA's Kepler Discovery Confirms First Planet Orbiting Two Stars
- Sept. 15, 2011 FEATURE: NASA's Kepler Mission Discovers a World Orbiting Two Stars
- Sept. 15, 2011 OVERVIEW VIDEO: Discovery of Kepler-16
- Kepler Discoveries page for Kepler-16b
- Panelist Names, Titles and Biographies
- Charlie Sobeck, Kepler deputy project manager, NASA’s Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Calif.
- Nick Gautier, Kepler project scientist, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif.
- Laurance Doyle, lead author, SETI Institute, Mountain View, Calif.
- John Knoll, visual effects supervisor, Industrial Light & Magic, San Francisco (.doc file)
- Greg Laughlin, professor for Astrophysics and Planetary Science, University of California, Santa Cruz, Calif.
- Key Kepler-16b Announcement Slides
- Other Kepler Image and Video Resources
- Social Media
- Twitter account for Kepler: @nasakepler
- Twitter account for Ames: @nasaames
- Hashtag for this event: #kepler16b
- Related Links
- Past Kepler Discoveries