Lesson 3: Turning Designs into Reality
This 5-E lesson will guide students through the process of building, testing and analyzing a prototype of a lunar plant growth chamber.
- Develop a design proposal for a lunar plant growth chamber.
- Develop a production plan for a prototype lunar plant growth chamber.
- Explain that management is the process of planning, organizing and controlling work.
- Describe how modeling, testing, evaluating and modifying are used to transform ideas into practical solutions.
- Make two-dimensional and three-dimensional representations of the designed solution.
- Apply the engineering design process to solve a problem.
- Test and evaluate the design in relation to pre-established requirements, such as criteria and constraints, and refine as needed.
- Make, analyze and refine a prototype of a lunar plant growth chamber and document the solution.
This lesson includes a rubric.
Packing Up for the Moon -- Lesson 3
[1MB PDF file]
Lesson 3: Turning Designs into Reality is part of the Packing Up for the Moon Educator Guide