Image to right: Will your travel brochure inspire people to travel the solar system?
- Computers with Internet access
- Construction paper
- Crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc.
- Glue and/or tape
Your group's assignment is to create a travel brochure for a particular planet (or moon) in our solar system. You will research your assigned planetary body on the Internet and in your school’s library. Once you have completed your research, be creative and make a travel brochure that will convince adventurous travelers to visit your planet. Be sure to include the following information in your brochure:
- Name of destination
- Distance from the Sun
- Surface temperature range
- Orbital period (length of year in Earth days or years)
- Rotational period (length of day in Earth hours or days)
- Main components of the atmosphere
- Key attractions (volcanoes, hurricanes, craters, etc.)
- Any other interesting facts that visitors should be aware of
- Graphics (include at least three pictures)